This is the page where I talk about my feelings and give some advice on what helps me get through the rough times.
I miss Timothy everyday and there is a big empty space in my life now that he is gone. I talk to him everyday and tell him how much I love him and miss him. We go to the cemetery all the time so that we can feel a little closer to him. This helps me feel a little better. There are still times when I am angry, and ask "why?", but as each day passes things get a little easier. There is nothing that will make me feel whole again, without Timothy here with us. Timothy will always be a part of me, and no matter where I go, he is with me in my heart and memories.
I am very grateful for the 4 months that we were given with Timothy. No matter how long it had been, it never would have been enough, but the doctors did give us 4 months, that we wouldn't have had without them. There are so many people that I would like to thank for all that they did for us and for Timothy.
Timothy, Thank you for being such as wonderful little boy and giving us 4 months of pure love. You are a beautiful little boy and mommy misses you everyday! Thank you for choosing me to be your mommy. I love you Bubby with all my heart and just know that one day we will be together again. Until then keep smiling and enjoy you life without pain!!
Cindy, You helped us so much with everything, not just with Timothy. There will never be words to thank you enough. We both appreciate all that you do for us and we both love you very much. Thank you!
Mom, You have always been there for me and I want you to know that I do appreciate you and love you forever. Thank you for all the support! I don't think I could have kept myself sane without you in my life.
Gary and Adonika, Wow, I don't even know where to begin to thank both of you for all your love and support through these hard times. You both mean alot to us and we are both very grateful for having you both as our friends.
Joy, You have been with me through all the good times and the bad. We have had our rocky roads but we still manage to stay friends. Your friendship and support means so much to me that I don't know what I would have done without you in my life. I love you Joy and if there is ever anything you need, please do hesitate to ask. Thank you for all your love and support for all of us.
There are so many people that I would like to thank personally, but there just isn't enough space for that. So to all our family and friends, that didn't get mentioned above, Thank you. You are all very special to us in your own way! We love and appreciate you all!
1) Talk to your loved one everyday. Tell them how much you love them and miss them!
2) Take your time to grieve. Don't let anyone tell you when grieve and when not to.
3) Remember the good times. I know not everyone gets a chance to have good times, but try to remember them.
4) Make your loved ones funeral services special! Do things to help people remember them. If you lose a child, ask if you can have time alone with your child before the service starts. Hold you child, remember that this is still your baby! Have pictures of your child up so that people can remember them. And most importantly make sure that the service is to your satisfaction. Pick a funeral home that will honor your wishes if possible.
5) Find a way to honor your loved one, via through a homepage, making donations to charities in their name, or find someway that will help you feel like you had honored them.
6) Cry! Cry as much as you want. Don't feel like this makes you a weak person, because it doesn't! If you feel bad, alot of times crying can help.
7) Talk to family and friends. Tell people about your loved one and how special they are to you!
8) Don't start going through their things until you are ready. It doesn't matter how long you wait, it will be hard. I still have all of Timothy's things and I don't plan on doing anything with them for awhile. It makes me feel like a part of him is still here.
9) Check in your community for a support group. They are all over the place and there to help people. If you can't find one in your community, start one of your own.
10) Most important thing to remember is that no matter what your loved one is always with you, in your heart and in your memories.
I hope these things can help some people deal with their grief. It is not easy for anyone to lose a loved one. If you have any questions or just would like someone to talk to you can e-mail me. I will get back to you as soon as possible!
A website that helped me with our son's passing was Mothers In Sympathy and Support It is a great website and it isn't just for mothers. It is for anyone dealing with the lose of a child, grandchild or any child that you were close to. They have message boards, chat with other parents, and other suggestions to help you get through the tough times.